How has battery storage improved?
- Prices have decreased by around 50%
- Longevity of the battery has increased
- Compatible with any inverter Economy 7 – low rate electricity tariff users can benefit by charging the battery at night and discharging through the day
How does battery storage work?
- When solar panels produce excess electricity, the electricity flows from the solar panels to the house and battery
- When solar panels produce insufficient electricity, the electricity flows to the house from both the solar panels and the battery
- When solar panels produce no electricity, the electricity flows to the house from the battery and/or the national grid
Powerwall is a battery that stores energy, detects outages and automatically becomes your home’s energy source when the grid goes down. Solar PV will recharge your Powerwall to keep your appliances running for days.
The Tesla app gives you alerts and remote access allowing you to set preferences to optimise energy independence and monitor your home’s energy production and consumption in real time. Meaning you can control your system from anywhere.